INCITE has joined forces with Myzone!
Myzone brings fair fitness to our club members, rewarding effort over image with an immersive fitness experience that gives our community results they can see. Be connected, be part of our challenges and be part of our community, no matter where you work out.
MZ-Switch – What is it?
MZ-Switch is the world’s first heart rate monitor that you can wear on your wrist, chest, and forearm. Track your real-time heart rate and effort to see your data on screen and move through the colored zones to earn MEPs (Myzone Effort Points) even when you are swimming.
Wrist and arm are best for non-gripping activity and repeatable movements, including swimming. Use the armband for improved accuracy during non-gripping activities and repeatable movements. The chest belt is recommended for the most accurate readings during all types of exercises. The chest and arm bands should not be used for swimming
• MZ-Switch features patent-pending technology and is the only device in the world that has a dual purpose of both photoplethysmography (PPG) and electrocardiography (ECG), providing a complete pathway for accurate monitoring.
• The MZ-Switch provides an easy transition for people wanting to start accurately recording their physical activity, with a wrist or forearm strap that records the heart’s activity through the pulse on the arm.
• Ideal for people who walk or cycle, they can then transition to more intense physical activity without purchasing a different heart rate monitor and have the increased accuracy of ECG measurement.
• It also provides a transition for those that want to begin monitoring their physical activity with the ease of a wrist-based device and then motivating them to do a little more as their confidence grows.
The Myzone app allows for engagement, motivation, and communities to flourish. With INCITE challenges, personal goals, commenting and sharing workouts through social, you will be motivated to sustain your physical activity.
The difference between MZ-Switch and other wearables.
• Other mass market smart watches such as Apple and fitbit are only accurate on the repeatable and predictable movement of the wrist (running/ cycling) and non-gripping activity. This is the equivalent of just having the MZ-Switch for the forearm and the wrist. But it is irrelevant for 95% of the in-club activity that involves gripping, (such as kettlebells, weights and burpees). With the MZ-Switch, you can switch it onto your chest and still stay motivated.
• Other mass market smart watches for wearing all day ‘generally’ track exercise but are not designed to maximize your sense of “personal achievement.”
• Myzone offers the world’s best accuracy during functional training, swimming and all forms of exercise. The MEPs point system democratizes exercise and makes it more sociable, inclusive, and accessible to everyone.
• Social connection through the app, Myzone social media groups and gym communities, as well as staying connected with family and friends – no matter when or where your members choose to work out.
FAQ’s about about the MZ-Switch.
- What is the MZ-Switch?
MZ-Switch is the world’s first heart rate monitor that you can wear on your chest, arm or wrist. Track your real time heart rate and effort to see your data on screen and move through the zones to
earn MEPs (Myzone Effort Points). Wearable three ways, simply switch between the chest belt, wrist strap and arm band, depending on your choice of physical activity. It’s time to switch things up.
- How does the MZ-Switch measure my heart rate?
When on the wrist or forearm, the MZ-Switch uses an optical blood flow sensor that shines a light into your skin using LEDs that measures the blood flow to determine your heart rate. When in chest
mode, the black pads on the strap make direct skin contact to deliver electrocardiogram (ECG) quality signals directly from your heart.
- How do I wear the MZ-Switch?
Wrist: Slide your hand through the loop and pull the strap to tighten against your skin. The module should be positioned two fingers above your wrist bone.
Forearm: Slide your hand through the loop and position just beneath the elbow with module facing out.
Chest: Place the strap around your body. Snap the module onto the strap and position the module on your sternum with direct skin contact. Wet the black pads for better heart rate conductivity.
- When should I use the MZ-Switch on my wrist, forearm, and chest?
Wrist: Use for non-gripping activity and repeatable movements, including swimming.
Forearm: Use for improved accuracy during non-gripping activity and repeatable movements, except swimming.
Chest: Use for the most accurate readings during all types of exercises except swimming.